Common Housing Disrepair Claims Queries

Please find answers to the most frequently asked questions below. If we don’t answer your query below please don’t hesitate to contact us.

As a tenant of any house you have certain rights. One of those is that the council or housing association have an obligation to keep your home safe and in a reasonable state of repair. They also have a duty to make sure that any defects you report to then are repaired in a timely manner.  If they do not do that you have a right to claim your rent back and receive compensation.

If you have any problems with your local council house or a housing association house such as any damage suffered internally or externally, there is a very high chance you can claim your rent back and get compensation.  The best thing to do is to get in touch with us so we can assess your case.

Firstly you need to get in touch with us via the call me back button, contact form or by phone. You will then speak to one of our specialist advisors who will do an initial assessment. After this we will arrange for someone to visit you at home and take pictures of any damage, although if you have your own and can send them it will speed things up. After we have documentary evidence our solicitors can get to work on your case free of charge on a no win no fee basis. At this stage you can sit back and relax and let them do all the work.

We have great knowledge built up over 35 years of how to present your case so you have the greatest chance of success. We do not pass your case on and by dealing direct you can be assured your case will be worked on immediately and be resolved as soon as possible.

We operate a No Win No fee agreement. If your case loses, it won’t cost you a penny. Your landlord pays our fees when we win, if we recover compensation for you we retain a proportion which will never exceed 50% but we will agree this with you in advance.